A solar cooker can cook food without any cooking gas or kerosene, electricity, coal or wood. This cooker works with solar energy, which is freely available.
The AN-14 dish solar cooker is used for faster outdoor cooking. The AN14 dish cooker with a dish diameter of 1.4 meter is made of single reflector or by joining smaller pieces of reflector, fixed to a rigid frame. When it is exposed to Sun in the normal direction; a point focus would be formed for cooking food. It consists of bright anodized aluminum sheets of 0.4 mm thick, a bowl supporting frame, bowl stand, and manual tracking mechanism.
- The AN14 Parabolic Solar Cooker uses sunrays directed on to a reflecting surface.
- The tracking position towards sun is monitored with the help of a tracking indicator.
- Very high temperature above 300°C can be attained in this cooker.
- Ten liters of water in a sunny day
- Almost all types of cooking such as boiling
- Minimum maintenance
- The cooker can be used all day long from sunrise to sunset